Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Cafe Rio Sweet Pork!

We tried this recipe for Cafe Rio's sweet pork and it tastes like the real thing:
2 lb pork roast
3 cans dr pepper (not diet)
1/4 c brown sugar
garlic salt
1/4 c water
1 can diced green chilies
3/4 -1 c red enchilada sauce
1 c brown sugar
Marinate the roast in 1 1/2 cans dr pepper and 1/4 c brown sugar for a few hours.
Drain marinade and place pork in crockpot. Mix 1/2 can dr pepper, water and garlic and pour over roast and cook 3-4 hours or until it shreds easily.
Remove shredded pork and mix together with 1/2 can dr pepper, enchilada sauce and 3/4 to 1 c brown sugar along with chilies. Add garlic salt, and salt & pepper to taste Warm in crockpot on high or on the stove. Sorry, I dont have a picture, but its so yummy!

Brandon, Josh, Jakey and Baylee enjoying Cafe Rio!

Our two sweeties: Olive and Baylee!


1 comment:

Beth said...

I love Cafe Rio! This recipe's a little different than some I've seen, I'll try it. . .Thanks!